Contributed talk deadlines
- Dates will be announced in mid 2018
All deadlines are at 23:00 GMT (UTC+0).
31st July 2017 – The IUTAM workshop on Transition 2019 will be held at Imperial College London, UK from 2nd-6th September 2019. Further details will appear here in early 2018 regarding registration, submission of abstracts and other important dates.
The objectives of the symposium are to present and discuss novel developments in fundamental and applied aspects of stability and laminar-turbulent transition in complex flows, at all speed regimes, and to provide a forum for the free exchange of ideas for their implementation in an industrial setting. Further, the symposium aims at bringing together leading scientists and industrial practitioners in transition research from Europe, Asia and the Americas to consider and evaluate future directions and demands.
Prompted by recent developments in the field, as well as ongoing efforts, the following topics will be emphasized in the symposium.
- Global analysis of instabilities and receptivities for complex configurations;
- Nonlinear dynamical-systems approaches to minimal seeds and transition to turbulence;
- Influence of multi-physics phenomena on transition: reactive flows, non-Newtonian material behavior, interfacial flows, flows with interacting structures;
- Novel experimental measurement and evaluation techniques for transition in complex flows;
- Roughness-induced transition; transition from steps, gaps, junctions and other geometric imperfec- tions;
- Transition in hypersonic flows; prediction of thermal loads.
- Active and passive control of flows undergoing transition; transition delay;
- Transition mechanisms in natural and controlled environments; receptivity techniques and studies;
- Late stages of transition and the breakdown to fully developed turbulence;
- Transient growth problems and bypass mechanisms and their role in the transition process;